Finish Your Day with a Good Read: A Review to the NRA Gun Safety Rules
Lists of gun owners are constantly increasing. Many take advantage of Utah gun sales for home protection. Self-defense and having a tool that can help gun owners protect themselves and family from intruders are some of the most common reasons why many Americans, including the most powerful celebrities, are pro-guns.
In order to keep yourself and your family safe, you have to educate yourself about gun safety. Other than that, here are some basic gun rules from nra.org:
- Always keep a gun unloaded until ready to shoot.
- Always keep a gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Know your target and what’s beyond it.
- Trigger locks, safeties and storage devices are good, but they can fail and are no substitutes for safe gun handling.
Essential Rules When Using a Gun
- Use your gun correctly.
Before you purchase a gun from a trusted gun shop, you should know how it works. You should consider practicing shooting at an indoor gun range. Learn about the gun’s various parts and how each one functions.
It is recommended to keep the gun unloaded, but treat it as if it is loaded.
- Be sure you are physically and mentally in good condition when handling a gun.
When you have plans to visit the gun range, do not drink alcohol or any other substance that can impair normal mental or physical bodily functions before or while holding or shooting guns.
- Clean your gun regularly.
Ensure that your gun functions safely and appropriately through consistent cleaning. Properly cleaning your gun will also help maintain its value and prolong its life. If your gun is brought out from lengthy storage, clean it first before shooting at an indoor shotgun range.